The Educated Chef
Private, 7 Week Online Course
Hosted By Chef Vedam Clementi
April 8th – May 20th, 2021
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR
Chefs, Personal Chefs, Restaurant Owners, and Home Chefs
WHAT IS THE CLASS
This course is an economical way to expand your personal & professional knowledge.
Learn to increase your gluten-free “home menu”, or as a professional chef, learn to increase your existing service offerings, and expand your client base.
To show you how to safely incorporate gluten-free cooking into your cooking methodology, at home or professionally.
Each class will take place virtually on zoom.
The course is 7 weeks.
Each class will be approximately 60 minutes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We will meet for these sessions on Zoom, and once you register, we will send you the Zoom link that you will use to join each session.
In conjunction with this course, there will be a private Facebook page for all members to share questions, insights, recipes, and pictures.
Also, you will be sent an invitation to access a dropbox folder that will house any forms, links, and recipes for the classes.
After you register, you will receive a questionnaire about your level of knowledge in gluten-free cooking.
April 8: 6:00 pm ET
- The 4 types of GF cooking
- What does it mean to be Gluten Sensitive, or to be
- Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitive and to have Celiac Disease, and their differences, and how to work with each
- Consultation, Pricing & Home Inspection (if you happen to be a chef)
- Places gluten hide, and until you know these, can you be truly gluten-free?
April 15: 6:00 pm ET
- Grocery & Shopping
- Gluten-Free Labelling
- Alternative Names for Gluten
- Even more hidden places of gluten in the grocery store
- What does it mean for a product to have a Gluten-Free Certification?
April 22: 6:00 pm ET
- What is gluten and what does it do for our cooking abilities, and how to work around not having it when you cook?
- What do all the gluten-free flours truly mean?
April 29: 6:00 pm ET
- Making Sauces & Gravies
- Making Sauces
- Baking and what is needed to replace gluten
- Ways to work around the additives
- Converting recipes
May 6: 6:00 pm ET*
- Baking bread
May 13: 6:00 pm ET*
- Baking biscuits
May 20: 6:00 pm ET*
- Baking baguette
*Live cooking classes where you are highly encouraged to bake with us!