“I have been cooking pork chops in the oven and on the stove for decades, and I have been barbecuing pork for almost just as long. I wanted a recipe that could be prepared quickly, like when using the oven; however, I wanted a recipe that would give me the flavor of a slow-roasted barbecue pork chop, like when you use the grill.
I was inspired to create a pork chop that was quick and easy to make but tasted like it took hours. I concocted this recipe using flavors that are rich individually and knock your socks off when used collectively.”
Gluten Free Honey Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops (your favorite cut of pork)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chef Vedam’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar or any other white vinegar or white wine
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Remove pork chops from the refrigerator one hour before dinner, and season both sides with the salt, pepper, and Chef Vedam’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Seasoning Blend. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- When ready to fry pork chops, heat oven-safe skillet on medium heat, and when the skillet is hot, add the olive oil.
- Pan sear both sides of pork chops, and when both sides are seared, remove pork chops from the skillet.
- Lower heat on skillet and add butter, garlic, honey, dijon mustard, chicken stock, and vinegar or wine.
- Scrape the bits off the bottom of the skillet and allow the sauce to simmer. When the sauce has thickened, add the pork chops back into the skillet and baste the pork chop with the glaze.
- Place the skillet into the oven and broil pork chops for a couple of minutes or until edges have become slightly charred.
- Allow chops to rest. Garnish with parsley and serve.